Tuesday, April 27, 2010

RONALDINO'S INTEREST IN WORLD CUP

The AC Milan star played in the last two World Cups but hasn't appeared for Brazil since a World Cup qualifier against Peru in April 2009.

In an article to be published on Wednesday in the weekly publication ``Chi,'' Ronaldinho predicts he will be a member of the team and says Brazil will win its sixth World Cup title.

``I will go to the World Cup, and I will win it,'' Ronaldinho was quoted as saying. ``Recently, I have had problems with the national team, but it hasn't been my fault. I can't imagine a World Cup without Ronaldinho on the field.

``It seems impossible to me when I think of not playing,'' he added. ``I feel bad, really bad. Therefore, I can safely say I will make my country proud in the World Cup and, above all - with my teammates - I'll win it.''

Despite Ronaldinho's good form with AC Milan, most observers doubt Dunga will select Ronaldinho, the 2004 and 2005 FIFA player of the year.

Brazil was knocked out by France in the 2006 World Cup quarterfinals despite a lineup with many of the world's top players.

0 comments:

Post a Comment